Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Off for adventure!

Nice. Also carefully focused on the subject. Any more from this batch?

Was this a large format slide? (Or maybe a crop of the right side of a larger image?) I notice the right side focus is way different from the left. 

Same guy as in the mailbox shot?

Same guy. He's in many of the shots on this roll. Standard 35mm format, but way, way overexposed. A shame as some of the shots are quite amusing and different. No idea what's up with the right side of the image focus-wise.

Because the shots are so deliberately posed, I thought they might be made with a camera with deliberate lens tilt adjustments.  Guess they were just made with a lousy camera that didn't hold the film flat.

Well, he doesn't appear to be looking at a Time-Life map.  There's no size and no color. (or is there?)

It's amazing when you get to a point where you can look at a World's Fair photo, not know the date, and say to yourself, "Brass Rail balloons clean: Check.   Lettering on RCA sign: Check".  

Yes, 1964.

(And I believe he should have rotated his map 90 degrees counterclockwise to get the correct orientation.)

1 hour ago, waynebretl said:

Because the shots are so deliberately posed, I thought they might be made with a camera with deliberate lens tilt adjustments.  Guess they were just made with a lousy camera that didn't hold the film flat.

Yes, my guess as well.

30 minutes ago, sunguar said:

Well, he doesn't appear to be looking at a Time-Life map.  There's no size and no color. (or is there?)

It's amazing when you get to a point where you can look at a World's Fair photo, not know the date, and say to yourself, "Brass Rail balloons clean: Check.   Lettering on RCA sign: Check".  

Yes, 1964.

(And I believe he should have rotated his map 45 degrees counterclockwise to get the correct orientation.)

The map does show some color, but as noted it was way over-exposed and that section was just super washed out. Looks like a map with a blue cover when folded up. I know I have a bunch of those somewhere. Not the large Time-Life map.

So, Bill, why did you bother with these? Liked the subjects, liked a challenge, or just don't know when to quit?  ;)

Would you mind saying how you got these and how much they cost?

4 hours ago, waynebretl said:

Would you mind saying how you got these and how much they cost?

Off eBay, and they were around $2-3 each I don't remember exactly but I try not to over pay except f it's something I think is special or unusual.