cupaloy

Live From the World's Fair City - Here's Johnny!!

So, what is this shot of?

WF whatsit.jpg

I'll take a wild shot and say some type of food?  (7-up plates?)

(I was surprised when Johnny was talking to someone off camera and expected it to be Ed---but was that Skitch Henderson?  Now I know who Doc copied his looks from)

Those don't look like 7-Up plates to me. Like everthing else visible in those night shots, it must have been brightly lit. Also,  there seems to be a tree or bush obscuring the lower left. Also, it appears the camera may have been tilted for artistic effect. Other than that, I can't relate it to any pavilion.

On 8/24/2018 at 6:01 PM, sunguar said:

I'll take a wild shot and say some type of food?  (7-up plates?)

(I was surprised when Johnny was talking to someone off camera and expected it to be Ed---but was that Skitch Henderson?  Now I know who Doc copied his looks from)

We have nice color photos of Skitch visiting the restaurant at the New England Pavilion, and signing their guest book.

Skitch Henderson was the bandleader through 1967 when he left.       Ed was off that night, and Jack Haskell, a Broadway actor was subbing.    After 69 Johnny did away with guest announcers so that if Ed was off, Doc would announce and Tommy Newsom would front the band.