Sign in to follow this  
RunePG

Official Map

Hi guys. 

This is not really an interest of mine, but while helping my grandma move we found an «Official Detailed Map» of the 64-65 world fair.

Is this something that anyone would be interested in? And does it have any value?

Thanks

Typically listed well under $10 on ebay; these are sponsored versions (look for the ad [ESSO?] inside). Yours appears to be in a vinyl folder, which may add some to the value.

here's a current listing:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ESSO-Official-New-York-World-s-Fair-Detailed-Map-Convent-Station-NJ/192580862295?hash=item2cd6b6c157:g:cl0AAOSwdW9aMCGw

• Thanks 1

Hi RunePG:

I have a friend who is cleaning out her family home following the recent deaths of her parents.  They were collectors of all sorts of things, evidently, and my friend has found quite a few mementos from various world's fairs.  She has passed them along to me.  I suspect none are worth very much to a true collector.  To me, however, the joy is in the discovery.  I do save such world's fair items but in your case, the fact that the map belonged to your grandmother makes it even more important perhaps.  Did she ever talk about visiting the Fair?  Welcome to this site.