Cousin Brucie - I've heard him on satellite radio, had no idea of his history.

770 WABC Chime Time--I can still hear it.  Most powerful radio station on the continent at one time.  Cousin Brucie had the optimal rock spot from about 6 PM to about 11 PM every night for probably ten or twelve years.  He competed with Wolfman Jack (660 WNBC)  for three or four years.  AM radio was at its peak in the mid to late 1960s.

Cousin Brucie and Dan Ingram - two great AM radio jocks. I was in awe when I went into the studio and sat through their shows. Great guys and very encouraging to a kid interested in radio.

I loved one of Ingram's bits. "This portion of the Dan Ingram show is sponsored by Schickhaus Meats - the most carefully pronounced meat in the world". Look it up - it's a real meat vendor in NYC!

In my brief 14 months tenure in NYC, my favorite station was WOR (because of Jean Shepherd), followed by WNYC (for classical music). Does anyone remember the Saturday half-hour drama radio show "Grand Central Station" from the late 1930's to early 50's? The intro went something like this, to the best of my memory: "As a bullet seeks it target, shining rails in all parts of the country are aimed at Grand Central Station. Day and night, great trains rush down the western shore of the Hudson River, flash briefly by the rows of tenements at 125th street; dive with a roar into the two-and-one-half mile tunnel that burrows beneath the glitter and swank of Park Avenue. And then---psssst! (steam sound)---Grand Central Station, crossroads of a million private lives, gigantic stage on which are played a thousand dramas daily!" (Wikipedia confirms the last sentence.) Soon after the opening dialog, I had to leave to deliver the Saturday newspapers on my daily route in the late 40's. Wouldn't surprise me if the entire radio series is on the internet somewhere. 

The other big DJ in that era was Murray the K.I think he was on WINS AM before it changed its forum to all news

And in an odd coincidence, Jean Shepherd is the narrator of the Carousel of Progress at Disney World today.  I guess Disney knew the overlap between Shep fans and NY World's Fair fans.