Bill Cotter

A nice home movie from the Fair

Nice - thanks for posting

What remarkable footage!  The quality is really quite good and whomever made this film really had some artistic sense.  It's wonderful.  The film captures so much of the daily life of the Fair and it's evident this family saw a great deal during their visit.  I think it's equally wonderful that the photographer made introductory slides for each of the major attraction transitions throughout the film.  Their trip meant a great deal to these people.  This is a gem.  Thank you, Bill.

If you view the video on youtube directly, you can adjust the speed with the gear icon at the bottom of the video.  0.75 is a bit slow, but a little better than full speed.

icedstitch - it's unlikely to find anything other than corporate PR films with sound, but you can get the orchestra's audio on the "Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair" box set.

Does anyone know where the lady at 9:05 is dining outdoors?  I can't think of many places that advertised rooftop dining?

Edited by speedwell

Hilton International Cafe in the Better Living Center.

On 4/14/2018 at 8:03 AM, speedwell said:

If you view the video on youtube directly, you can adjust the speed with the gear icon at the bottom of the video.  0.75 is a bit slow, but a little better than full speed.

icedstitch - it's unlikely to find anything other than corporate PR films with sound, but you can get the orchestra's audio on the "Walt Disney and the 1964 World's Fair" box set.

Does anyone know where the lady at 9:05 is dining outdoors?  I can't think of many places that advertised rooftop dining?

It looks a bit fast to me at .75, and a bit slow at .5 - too bad there's no setting in between.

It looks the same to me.  Perhaps Super 8 taken at 18 FPS and run at 30 FPS (0.6:1)