Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

One of the sadder moments of any visit to the Fair

Yep.  That's exactly how I felt as we walked that very path on our way to the trains on our last evening.  

Same feeling when you walk out of Disney

I'm loving all these pictures one thing I can't figure out between looking at old footage and pictures about what was the temp around this time of the year the way some people dressed seems like it was around in the 40's?

4 hours ago, SonnyTFox said:

Same feeling when you walk out of Disney

Except that Disney should still be there in the time to come. As a stockholder I hope so! Every day of the Fair was a day closer to oblivion.

3 hours ago, MichaelLewis said:

I'm loving all these pictures one thing I can't figure out between looking at old footage and pictures about what was the temp around this time of the year the way some people dressed seems like it was around in the 40's?

It did get chilly out there in the first and last months or so, with the breeze off the bay. 

• Like 1

"A day closer to oblivion...;" that's a good way o put it, Bill.  Everyone knew it was going to end but I still clearly remember it was a concept rather hard to grasp.  The place was so big, so permanent looking and so impressive that it was almost unfathomable that it was not only going to end but it was going to be demolished.  It was the topic of many conversations.  I remember asking a waitress at the Schaefer Center what would happen to it all.  She simply told us that everything  would be torn down.  And it was.

• Like 1

Not being able to go until '65, I'm so glad it wasn't torn down the first year, per BIE ideas.