Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

The Boy Scouts of America exhibit

3 minutes ago, speedwell said:

Did scouts actually camp in those?

Hello,

Memory says groups of Scouts spent weeks on and off camping at the Fair, and serving as guides and even taking part in the Opening Ceremonies, standing alongside/behind FDR. Probably in these tents. I have part this Camp in a DufayColor Autochrome somewhere.

E

35 minutes ago, magikbilly said:

Hello,

Memory says groups of Scouts spent weeks on and off camping at the Fair, and serving as guides and even taking part in the Opening Ceremonies, standing alongside/behind FDR. Probably in these tents. I have part this Camp in a DufayColor Autochrome somewhere.

E

It would be SO interesting to see this.  Do you have a viewer particularly made for Dufaycolor transparencies? Have you ever tried to scan it? 

Yes, that is correct, they stayed on site. Can you imagine how exciting that must have been after everyone else was gone for the night?

On 2/27/2018 at 10:34 PM, waynebretl said:

It would be SO interesting to see this.  Do you have a viewer particularly made for Dufaycolor transparencies? Have you ever tried to scan it? 

Hello Wayne,

I do not have that Dufay slide at hand, but I have another from that batch to show here. I scan them as normal slides, they are screened of course.

This arrangement. This sculpture, what the Astronomer is holding in his hands...where he is looking (and where he is not looking), with the Helicline touching down there...and the Great Sundial. The Moods. This was, for a brief time, a nexus in our galaxy. Some sort of culmination.   The campus of life. 

Astronomer © EKL 2013.jpg

Thanks much!