Sign in to follow this  
xl5er

Where’s My Jet Pack? Dept

Don’t know about you, but this looks pretty “NYWF-ish prediction” to me.

B6232CDF-7CFD-47F1-AF80-6A29343791A8.jpeg.85d0a0bf32bad8176bb6d420a8535589.jpeg

I’m writing this w my thumbs on an iPad in my driveway, finding it increasingly difficult to complain that the future promised to us in 1964, is not at least jiggling the doorknob and jimmying the window latch.

And maybe that personal autogyro you thought you’d be ordering from Amazon is coming, but from another vendor. You may not have plans for Uber but Uber has plans for you...

https://www.uber.com/info/elevate/

I just spoke about how these rockets reminded me of the simulated rocket rides at Disneyland and Walt Disney World, which were shown taking off and landing with legs deployed just like these. The future, it's a comin'

Funny how that works.  Portable computers were the stuff of sci-fi for a long time, then they were everywhere, and then in just a few years went from a jet-set status symbol to practically a necessity.  Video phones were always just a few years in the future, and then they were everywhere in our pockets.  Sometimes I complain about my smartphone, and then I remember that for less than $200, I have a device that I dreamed about when I was a kid.