Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Two views of Tik-Tok, the Seiko robot, from early 1964

Does anyone know what happened to Tik-Tok  after the fair?

Also, I'd like to know where has that boy been?  I mean, his shirt's untucked, his pants are dirty - he looks like he's been in a fight.  Though from the expression on his face, I'd speculate he won.

Just wait 'til his father gets home 

I've never seen word of what became of Tik-Tok. I would like to think he's still with us.

I got a kick out of that kid. A tie, but his knees look like she was crawling in grass and dirt.

Tik-Tok "walked" around the Fair. Actually, the box rolled around pulling Tik-Tok behind it. The gimble allowed for turns and variations in the slope. It was a convincing effect for 1964.

Bill,

you may not believe this, but I think the women in the lavender suit at the left edge of picture one is my mother. My Dad did not take any pictures from our one trip to the fair in 1964. So I have nothing to compare it to. Did you crop the picture at all? I would love to get a better look at her, maybe you can enlarge that section . Since I got back into the fair again 15 years ago I have been searching Photos that I have collected including your photo CD's for photos of a member of my family and this is the closest I have come. Please let me know . Steve

• Like 1

Scrock,

My fingers are crossed. Hope that is your mother in the frame. Always thought finding myself or family was the Holy Grail in PTU pics. Good luck!

• Like 1

Bill, my son was able to enlarge the photograph and, unfortunately, the woman is not my mother. It's not her smile.  I will keep looking. I hope I caught you before you started digging around.   Thanks, though.

6 hours ago, scrock30 said:

Bill, my son was able to enlarge the photograph and, unfortunately, the woman is not my mother. It's not her smile.  I will keep looking. I hope I caught you before you started digging around.   Thanks, though.

OK, thanks for letting me know. Sorry it wasn't her!!!

On 2/10/2018 at 12:32 PM, scrock30 said:

Bill,

you may not believe this, but I think the women in the lavender suit at the left edge of picture one is my mother. My Dad did not take any pictures from our one trip to the fair in 1964. So I have nothing to compare it to. Did you crop the picture at all? I would love to get a better look at her, maybe you can enlarge that section . Since I got back into the fair again 15 years ago I have been searching Photos that I have collected including your photo CD's for photos of a member of my family and this is the closest I have come. Please let me know . Steve

I am constantly doing the same thing - no family members as of yet have turned up in others photos. I lost my Dad in 73 and my Mom in 81 so I'd love to see shots of them that I have never seen.

• Like 1

Is the guy on the right of the top picture holding some kind of remote control in his right hand? Did he accompany Tik Tok and steer it?

The tall rod on the cart is the remote control receiver antenna. We have a picture of an operator using a larger handheld control with a long antenna wand while standing on the roof of the Japan pavilion. This does appear to be a more compact remote control for walking around.