Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

A busy day near the Telephone Pavilion

This pavilion was well worth the long wait.  The 360 degree film, Canada 67, was brilliant.

What ever became of most of these films? YouTube is an excellent medium to archive them these days.

They're not sitting in some basement are they?

(Note: I am not expecting 360 to be easily converted to a small screen. It's just that even some kind of fractional export can happen)

Edited by icedstitch

There is a group of scholars, artists and filmmakers called Cinemaexpo67.  They have been researching and preserving many of the films shown at Expo.  These include Canada 67 (Telephone Pavilion), Polar Life (Man the Explorer) , A Place to Stand (Ontario Pavilion), We Are Young (Cominco), Labyrinth, Kaleidoscope, Citerama (Man In the Community Pavilion).  They are sponsored by Concordia University, The Research Council of Canada and York University.

I had not realized the film was later shown at Disney.  I wonder if there is any faciity similar to the 360 degree theatre at Expo that could present that film today.

21 hours ago, Jim said:

I had not realized the film was later shown at Disney.  I wonder if there is any faciity similar to the 360 degree theatre at Expo that could present that film today.

Wikipedia:

The movie was commissioned by the Telephone Association of Canada and produced by The Walt Disney Company. A converted B-25 bomber rebuilt by Paul Mantz's Tallmantz Aviation film unit was used to capture the aerial shots.[2][3] The movie was one of the rarest Circle-Vision movies ever exhibited; it has not been exhibited since the conclusion of the World's Fair in 1967, except for a brief appearance in January 1974 at Disney's Magic Kingdom during its Salute to Canada