Bill Cotter

Who can pinpoint this location at the Fair?

Entrance to the lake amusement area from the industrial area of the fair.

lonely luminaire aerial view.jpg

lonely luminaire street view.jpg

Pretty amazing angle for someone to use one of their exposures on, given the price of film then. I was also surprised to see a luminaire way out there, especially with a traditional street light just across the road.

Looks like they didn't replace the cube luminaire with anything at all.  And the traditional street light looks original- never been replaced.

Interesting that they've put in more grass on the left side of the street than was there during the Fair.

Is there a cross reference from location to luminaire configuration somewhere? I'm looking at the ops manual, which has numbered locations for luminaires and specifications of each of the many configurations, but I don't see a cross reference from location to configuration.

This luminaire was one of a line of them along this path from Industrial to Lake Amusement, numbered in the F### series (same series as the Lake Amusement area).

Searching the usual suspect sites, the only cross reference of luminaire location and style I have found is a April 11. 2011 post by Yadda Yadda that found a few by examining a photo of the Belgian pavilion.

So, has no one ever found a cross-reference document?

Thanks, Bill. Yes, it looks like it's F-20.

I also have a copy of the operations manual myself. The problem is that there doesn't seem to be a sheet that tells you which configuration (shown on sheet 20) a given luminaire number (shown on sheets 16-18) had.

Somebody- I think Kevin- put together a Master Decoder that did exactly that- matched the configurations to the Ops Manual maps, didn't he?  He also did a color version of the luminaire pages in the Ops Manual.

I think I've missed something.  Why was that luminaire standing there alone?  

6 hours ago, Jim said:

I think I've missed something.  Why was that luminaire standing there alone?  

According to the operations manual, they were all along this road/path, just not visible in this shot.

Have the files from Kevin via Randy been posted yet?

According to the ops manual, six (numbers F13...F18) were under the Van Wyck extension, and F14 was under both the Long Island and the Van Wyck.

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 4:14 PM, Randy Treadway said:

Somebody- I think Kevin- put together a Master Decoder that did exactly that- matched the configurations to the Ops Manual maps, didn't he?  He also did a color version of the luminaire pages in the Ops Manual.

and

On ‎12‎/‎23‎/‎2017 at 6:30 PM, Randy Treadway said:

He put it in 69 separate files!  I have all of them.... here is one, as an example.

16I-01.jpg

That's 16"letter I"

Would it be possible for someone to repost this or send it in a pm to me?  I've been trying to crack this luminarie "code" for awhile (with moderate success).