Bill Cotter

I'm seeing red spots in front of my eyes

Members of the Boy Scout Service Corps getting a briefing, late 1965. I keep looking for myself or friends in shots like this but no luck so far. What I did notice was that Scouts didn't have to worry about their favorite Cola not being available - there were machines for both Pepsi and Coke!

bsa-oct-65-1.jpg

bsa-oct-65-2.jpg

I wonder what machine was in the middle.  Cigarettes crossed my mind - nah, they wouldn't, would they?

A visiting British Boy Scout, but dang it, a bit overexposed so can't make out the middle machine in this one either.

64WF_Slide_12 British scout.jpg

Here we go.... a terrific Aug 64 view.  Somebody switched the positions of the Pepsi and Coke machines.

terrific1.jpg

terrific2.jpg

Looking at the plastic board at the top, I was thinking maybe some kind of frozen ice cream treats, like push-up pops.

I love the idea of the kid assigned to sit there and show off his bird identification skills. LOL

I found this online.  Looks like it's the same model as the Pepsi machine in Bill's photo- I can make out the word "WITH" (crushed ice) behind the Boy Scout.

2011nywfitsasmallworld6[1].jpg

Nice Swiss Sky Ride view of the back of the Jordan Pavilion.  They had both Coke & Pepsi too.  Looks to me like they were using the Pepsi machine to prop open the back door. LOL

Jordan machines.jpg

The vending machines look like the rogue keep left signs from a Monty Python skit.