Bill Cotter

A different angle on the Log Flume

Here's an interesting view of the Log Flume Ride taken from the Aerial Tower Ride in 1965. A few observations:

1) The Log Flume was a LONG ride! That's quite a serious layout.

2) The AMF Monorail maintenance building is just behind the Log Flume. One car is in the service area.

3) The long white building in the background is Police Precinct No. 2. I don't recall any good shots of that building in the past.

log-flume-65.jpg

I wonder what the Log Flume's profit status was by the end of the fair. How much of the structure, if any,  was reusable and how much demolished?

I'm curious about the red A-Frame looking roofs in the foreground. On the Official Map the structure appears directly behind Les Poupees de Paris and  Dancing Waters. Was it part of one or the other pavilion? Or neither?

BTW, glad I wasn't around when they asked for volunteers to lift the repaired car back onto the overhead track! Must have taken six Yankees fans and a gorilla to do the job.

8 hours ago, Bill Cotter said:
3) The long white building in the background is Police Precinct No. 2. I don't recall any good shots of that building in the past.

I think this might be the left end of the building, looking the same direction as your photo (but down on the ground).

Fire_Department_Engine_2a.jpg

The RIGHT end of the building was the "lost child" holding area with snacks, games and pictures to color, and a small fenced-in playground.  I know I have a picture or two of that.... just gotta find them.

police.jpg

The lost kid holding area might have actually been this building just to the right of your fire & police building.

police2.jpg