Bill Cotter

A different sort of Expo fashion statement

I found an interesting site that contains some very unique photos of the construction of the Expo Islands. https://garbagefinds.com/tag/expo-67/

Evidently, this person digs through garbage cans and dumpsters all over metro  Montreal and in 2015, he found some remarkable photographs of Expo in the trash.

If the link doesn't work for you,  try Things I Find In The Garbage, October 21, 2015.

As for the photo:  Partenaire Howdy!  I like the folded Expo map in the man's back pocket.  And I am guessing that is the edge of the Pavilion of Quebec in the upper left corner.

I saw that blog earlier and was amazed anyone would throw stuff like that out. So glad it was saved.

And yes, that's the edge of the Quebec pavilion.

Bill, are you able to zoom in on the patches on either of their vests, that might give a clue on what their get-up represented?  I'm guessing something like the Calgary Stampede.  But culturally that's about as far from the Quebec Pavilion as you can get.

I tried that, but the results are questionable. Dad seems to have some patches from national parks, and junior one with Smoky the Bear, if my aging eyes are correct.

Bill, I did think maybe I had seen that blog before as well but then the photos surprised me.  I could not recall seeing them before and they are rather remarkable.  I agree.  It's a wonder why someone would discard such things.  However, I do know there are many people who don't see fifty plus year old photographs as treasures but as clutter.  One person's collectible is another's trash.