RalphQuinn

Space Park #1: X-15 and satellites.

59c139b8492c5_1.SpacePark.thumb.jpg.006618c3c7b85d2dbba2c4d352927b8c.jpg

59c139c25934b_2.SpacePark.thumb.jpg.589bece42f86fb2fecb8f82a6a9102e0.jpg

59c139cee64d8_3.SpacePark(X-15).thumb.jpg.55f23e95a5cde27b447e39323234f1af.jpg

The X-15 rocket plane made it to the edge of space.

59c139d9ac208_4.SpacePark(X-15).thumb.jpg.91d217aee8a0d7dc90c97c9f3956b9b4.jpg

59c139e7dbd87_5.SpacePark(Trios).thumb.jpg.9be0a029347416e2bc66dd5c3ed4d29e.jpg

Tiros Weather satellite.

59c139f8bd8f1_6.SpacePark(MarinerII).thumb.jpg.5a192fdaa1b12d823e4b19424beb8627.jpg

Mariner II.

59c13a0a08513_7.SpacePark(MarinerIV).thumb.jpg.c8348babebe83da77e2c61922890bf4e.jpg

Mariner IV.

59c13a0d7750e_8.SpacePark(Ranger7).thumb.jpg.a545dd783e3ae891f37d4aaf8bbeaf40.jpg

Ranger 7.

Some of the original rockets are still there today just outside of the Hall of Science.I believe they went through a refurbishment in the late 90`s.

Actually only the Gemini Titan II and the Mercury Atlas remain. They were refurbished and rededicated in 2004.  The Saturn V "boat tail" remained for many years, but did not survive the test of time and many years of bird's nests!  The Mercury Capsule that was mounted atop the Atlas for many years was replaced with a replica, and the original is now on display inside the Hall of Science since it is indeed an actual flown capsule from an early unmanned test.

IS IT POSSIBLE?

I visited the fair with my parents and my sister when I was 14 years old.  Some memories of the fair are very distinct.  One of them is going to Space Park with my Dad (my sister and my Mom were heading to the Clairol or Better Living exhibit--even thought it was at the other end of the fair).  ( I not unlike other kids had a tremendous interest in the Space Program (models of rockets, Estes rockets, etc.) I remember my Dad going off to have a smoke--letting me wander around Rocket Park by myself, till we met back up under the Saturn 5.  In all the photos posted here and in other places, I've kind of played a "where's Waldo" game, looking to see if I could find myself or my family in the background.  Which brings me to photo #6 above.  Could that be me?

It has the correct clothing, right hair color, eyeglasses, right head shape (believe me, I know), and weirdly the watch on the correct hand.  (I'm left handed)

With all the photos being taken at the Fair (a photographer's dream), is it possible?  

If this turns out to be true, all of us will be delighted! Now, if you recall turning around and seeing a very tall adult staring into his twin-lens reflex, aimed in your direction, that would be another clue. Maybe some other photos of yourself in those years, or recognition by a family member or friend might help.   

17 hours ago, RalphQuinn said:

If this turns out to be true, all of us will be delighted! Now, if you recall turning around and seeing a very tall adult staring into his twin-lens reflex, aimed in your direction, that would be another clue. Maybe some other photos of yourself in those years, or recognition by a family member or friend might help.   

As an adult, if I saw someone taking a photo, I would step aside and wait--but as a 14 year old, seeing full size rockets, spacecraft, capsules, that was my "jam".  I was in a semi daze, enthralled and enchanted by what I was looking at.  I don't remember anyone around, so I would have walked right by you without noticing.  I do remember that Space Park had very few people, and I couldn't understand why the attendance in that area was so low, but I was glad for it.  

Is there any other info on this photo?