Bill Cotter

Got your detective skills ready?

I'm guessing it's the band organ for the kiddy carousel next to it.

Edited by waynebretl
corrected band wagon to band organ

According to several on-line sources, 

http://showmensmuseum.org/international-independent-showmens-museum-exhibits/museum-features-actual-carnival-rides/

http://www.app.com/story/news/local/eatontown-asbury-park/asbury-park/2015/08/24/asbury-park-birthplace-ferris-wheel-william-somers/32067533/

Atlantic County carpenter William Somers  built three 50 foot amusement wheels for different locations on the Atlantic (Asbury Park, Atlantic City and Coney Island) in the Summer of 1892. Ferris rode on one, getting his inspiration for the huge wheel in Chicago. A patent suit failed, as it was ruled that Ferris's wheel had significant differences.

I have not yet been able to find if an amusement ride business continued under the Somers name until the 60s.

On 8/4/2017 at 8:25 AM, Randy Treadway said:

Is this a 1965 photo?  I'm guessing it got left from the Circus Museum exhibits, which was next door in 1964.

Yes, May 1965.

17 hours ago, Randy Treadway said:

the "crazy mirrors" at AMF are all '65 pictures too, aren't they?

Never thought of it before but I do believe you are right - again.

2 hours ago, expoboy said:

What are the "crazy mirrors"??

Funhouse mirrors like this one. Randy, this one was dated August 1964 and appears to be at the monorail station.

funhouse-mirror.jpg

On 8/4/2017 at 8:25 AM, Randy Treadway said:

Is this a 1965 photo?  I'm guessing it got left from the Circus Museum exhibits, which was next door in 1964.

I never heard of the circus museum.

The calliope and umbrella stand look like they might be temporarily unused objects just stored there.

How did you get up to the monorail stations?  Were there elevators or just stairs?  I only rode the monorail once and i forgot.  I met a girl who was a stewardess, or whatever they were called, on the mono and i got to ride it for free. I remember that a little.  I also used to ride regular Greyhound buses for free back then.  Sometimes anyway.  I just flashed my WF Greyhound badge at the driver real quick and walked on the bus like i belonged there.  It usually worked but at least one driver threw me off.  Amazing how many places you can sneak in, or  ride for free, if you just walk fast and act like you belong there!