Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blueexpo

Stamps and Passports at the Expo

3 posts in this topic

If you have gone to the 2017 Astana International Expo, do the pavilions have stamps that they stamp on your "passport"? It has been a tradition as far as I know, at least it happened at the 2010 Shanghai World Expo and the 2012 Yeosu International Expo.  They were clueless about it at the 2015 Milan Expo (Japan pavilion was an exception) and at the 2016 Antalya Expo. I hope the souvenir shop at the 2017 Astana International Expo has passport books you can buy that you can go around the pavilions to get your stamp in after you have gone through the exhibit. I hope that tradition didn't die out with Yeosu.

There were passports at the Milan expo - and sufficient pavilions giving out stamps that I actually had no space left to add any more on my last day and resorted to using a notepad from our hotel. wikipedia has a picture of one (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Expo_2015_Milano_Passport.jpg)

I think that I bought mine before even got to the fair - probably when I went to pick up my pass from the ticket office at the subway/underground/train station. Some country pavilions were selling them as well (and declining to stamp unofficial passports). But of course if you donlt hit on those then you don;t se them :-(

I've been following the #Expo2017 tags closely on social media and came across this image of the Expo passport last week. I contacted the original poster (World Expo News) who stated that the organizers did not order them until very late. So far, only twenty arrived and he was unclear how many more they would get or how long they would be available. I've attached his image. I'm hoping they'll be sufficient supplies for my trip the first week in August. EDIT - I've come across a few other posts on Instagram of stamps from various pavilions already so it looks like the service is available regardless if there is a passport book or not.

19121740_441226312903304_6443413218537766912_n.jpg