Circa

Greyhound Bus / Window Decals

Hi Everyone, Steve here from Lancaster, PA. Among my many occupations is cleaning out crazy people & hoarder houses. A while back we cleaned out a house from a family that once operated the local Greyhound depot, and among all the stuff hoarded away from the bus line were four 8 x 10 decals promoting Greyhound and the fair. They are made from 3M Scotch Brand reflective film (marked on back), and marked 3M Application Tape on the front. I don't know if they are still viable or not. They are still flexible and not brittle, but I'm not going to screw with one without more knowledge.

These were presumably sent to depot / line operators to place in stations or on buses, and I'm guessing they weren't available to the public or for sale. I did the usual Google, Ebay and auction archives searches, and couldn't find anything. Maybe someone has a photo of one on the back of a bus?

Anyway, I'm wondering what they're worth, if anyone knows more about them, and if there's collector interest. 

greyhound_1964-1.jpg.79c69a0c8d7eee7d3655ab530b65e1c5.jpg

That's an amazing treasure to find.  Not sure what they might be worth in dollars but those fifty year old decals are going to be pretty impressive to any collector.

• Like 1

I just noticed this yesterday. They are copyrighted 1961.greyhound_1964-3.jpg.cb76134cb243028a6aae8e76fc041609.jpg

I think much of the NYWF Corporation materials and the logo were copyrighted in 1961.  You have a great find there.

Two of the four are out the door. I might keep one...can't decide, but I'm more inclined towards the earlier 19th century exposition material... but they are so cool. If someone has to have one (maybe two, we'll see) get in touch.

To member "Circa" (Steve):

I am interested in purchasing one of these from you before they are all gone!!!  I have been wanting to send you a private message about these for several days, but was unable to figure out how to do so.  I think I finally figured the private messaging system out a few minutes ago, and you should have a message from me now about this.  Thanks so much- will look forward to your reply!

Ronald