Sign in to follow this  
Rick_Rann

Thousands of 1933/34 Century of Progress items will be for sale at the World's Fair Memorabilia Show in Chicago on March 26th.

The World's Fair Memorabilia Show is on March 26th in Elk Grove Village, Illinois.  (Near Chicago)  The main focus of the show is the 1933/34 Chicago Century of Progress.  There will be a display of 1933 memorabilia and home movies/newsreels shown on video.  There will be 20 tables of items for sale - probably the most 1933 World's Fair items in one place since the World's Fair was held.  Items for sale will include postcards, pamphlets, magazines, photographs, books, souvenirs, poster stamps, stereo views, pins, pennants, sheet music, employee items, tickets, plates, china, pre-fair bulletins and much more. Check out the Commercial Events Forum for information on the event.

cop show i was there decal 001 (344x640) (2) (161x300).jpg

I wish I lived close enough to see all of the memorabilia.

CBS News has a story on its site about Granddad, a 90 year old lungfish, that had to be euthanized today at the Shedd Aquarium.  He was one of two such fish purchased from the Sydney Aquarium for the Century of Progress Exposition.  They were quite popular during the fair and over eight decades, over 104 million people saw Granddad.

I saw Granddad many times on visits to the Shedd. A curious creature for sure.