wayofthefuture

Anyone going?

6 posts in this topic

I've just booked my flights to Kazakhstan! I plan to stop in Almaty for a couple of days then spend Aug 15-17 at the Expo. Are any of you guys planning to be there? Would love to meet up if dates overlap.

1 person likes this

No, I think I'll pass. I hope you have a great trip.

I will definitely be going.  At the moment, thinking of  Sat Jun 24 to Sun Jul 9 time frame, with the first week spent in Moscow/St Petersburg and the second week at the Expo itself (6 days Expo, 1 day Astana city tour).  Will probably wait till next month to book flights though. I hope to submit a trip report after coming back. 

I'm going - but I don't think our times will intersect as I'm going in June and returning before the 24th

I'll be going ~June 20-25. Still looking for logistical info on best ways to get around Astana and where to stay in the city. Anyone have info. or suggestions to share?

29 minutes ago, CofP33 said:

I'll be going ~June 20-25. Still looking for logistical info on best ways to get around Astana and where to stay in the city. Anyone have info. or suggestions to share?

I'm staying at the Marriott - rates were pretty reasonable with lots of availability when I checked, and it's quite a deal at only 10k points per night, if you've got those to spare.

There's a light rail system that is supposed to be open in advance of the Expo, but I haven't seen any confirmation of that, and I'm not sure of the routing. I believe Uber also has a presence in the city