Andrew

Hello I'm new

7 posts in this topic

Just wanted to say hello, I just joined.  This is an amazing site and I'm grateful to everyone who has posted photos and information.  I was 8 yrs old at the time of the 64-65 NY Worlds Fair and will never forget it.  Sounds like I'm among friends. - Andy

Edited by Andrew
Clarified which Fair I attended

Welcome to World's Fair Community, Andrew. We're happy to have you join us. Hope you enjoy perusing our pages and revisiting your favorite fairs.

You are among friends!  It's a wonderful site with good folks who love world's fairs.

Welcome, Andrew.  Which fair were you at (they're all here)?

I neglected to mention the fair, it was the 64-65 New York Worlds Fair.  I know it gets derided by many but I was inspired by it.  Now I'm fascinated to see how it became a model for Disney's EPCOT.  In one sense, the Fair still exists.  

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

I neglected to mention the fair, it was the 64-65 New York Worlds Fair.  I know it gets derided by many but I was inspired by it.  Now I'm fascinated to see how it became a model for Disney's EPCOT.  In one sense, the Fair still exists.  

Well, I'm sure you will notice that the 64-65 fair gets the most coverage here, although Bill Cotter and others are striving to bring the 67 Expo up to the same level.
;>) 

This site developed from an older version called "Peace Through Understanding" that was very strongly aimed at 64-65.

Be sure to visit www.nywf64.com also!

Also take a peek at www.worldsfairphotos.com, lots there on the 64-65 Fair. And welcome!