Beeceemark

Who can identify this?

Which one of you experts can identify what the building in the two pictures is, as well as its location? The hint is it's on Ile Notre Dame. 

IMG_0271.JPG

IMG_0272.JPG

Well, either people are still on vacation or I've stumped everybody.  This building is on the location of the former Ontario pavilion on Ile Notre Dame. I do wonder if it is in fact a relic from Expo 67, as it looks old and the Ontario pavilion did have a significant amount of open space (between and under the many different tent areas).  If someone can confirm this was part of the Ontario pavilion, please let us know.  The building was locked and looked as if it had not been used in years...

I wonder if it is leftover from the Floriales (sp) that was held on Île Notre Dame after most of the Expo pavilions had been removed?

It's difficult to understand how that wooden cabin could have survived that enormous fire which consumed the Ontario Pavilion.  That just don't make sense. Isn't there a park office on the islands that would be able to explain the origin of this structure?

Thanks for these comments.  I had forgotten about the big fire in the Ontario pavilion, and the Floralies link makes sense. Can't find anything about the cabin on the web, so that seems like a good explanation.

It sort of sadness me to think that this is what stands on the site of the Ontario Pavilion.