Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

Got room on your bookshelf?

I'm happy to announce my newest project - another world's fair book, of course. This one will be on Expo 74, the Spokane World's Fair. It will be my 11th volume for Arcadia Publishing. The manuscript is due in August so it will probably hit bookshelves in early 2017.

Here's a few views to get you in the mood.

united-states.jpg

canada.jpg

yellow-butterfly.jpg

wooden-bird.jpg

Another day, another milestone. I just mailed in the manuscript. It was a race to get it in but I was a day early! My thanks to Carol for helping me, yet again, in turning random thoughts into connected sentences. I don't know when it will be out yet. Carol asked me what's the next one. I think I'll decompress a few days before thinking about it!
book-cover.jpg

Thanks to Wayne and others who helped on the treasure hunt for data on this one.

• Like 1

I just noticed the snail ride on the playground picture.  I saw it before, but never noticed it was a ride down.  I would have loved to see that in action.

Hey Bill,

Wow, another great book coming down the pike. In 1986, as a side trip to attending Expo `86, I visited the Expo `74 site. Looked like it had been a great little expo. While in town I was able to pickup the official expo `74 retrospect book, coffee table style. Nice to have, but really, did I need to see a full page photo of a kid covered in strawberry syrup, while many major pavilions had no coverage. From all your past books, I know this will not happen in this one, and we will be treated to a really good look at the site. Looking forward to this, and your Expo 67 book. Remember, Hemisfair`s 50th anniversary is around the corner (hint, hint)

Fred

• Like 1

Darn, I had to leave out so many of the pavilions in to fit all those funny pictures of cute kids doing silly things. I guess I'll have to rethink that now.

All kidding aside, I think you will like the picture selections. There were only a few minor things I had trouble finding, and in some cases other fans were able to help me out.

When I proposed this book I also suggested HemisFair, and they picked this one. I'll suggest HemisFair again later so it comes out closer to the 50th anniversary. That might be what they were thinking.

• Like 1

I had a surprise today. When I got home this afternoon there was a box from my publisher waiting at the door. I wasn't expecting anything, so it was a real surprise to find the first copies of my upcoming book on Spokane's Expo 74 - especially as the street date isn't until February 17! This is the earliest they've ever gotten copies to me. I guess that means it will be on sale on time.

It's always a thrill to get the first copy of a book in hand after months of working on it.

Now what book to do next? This makes 11 world's fair books out now. An even dozen sounds tempting...