Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
skysurfer66

Howdy...new here and excited to join

8 posts in this topic

Hi all.

I love Worlds fairs and excited to join this great site.  Just joined the Expo 70 group on Facebook.  Dreaming of finding a time machine to go back and see this Expo and Expo 67.  These two worlds fairs seem to keep me entranced.  Love the architecture of both but especially Expo 70 and the cool Festival Plaza,  BC Pavilion, Canada Pavilion, and corporate pavilions. 

The four expos that I worked at are:  Expo 86, 88, Yokatopia -Asia Pacific Expo 89 and Expo 92.   Check my profile for the pavilions I worked in. 

Originally from Hawaii, I have lived on and off in Canada for most of my life. 

1 person likes this

Welcome. I couldn't tell what pavilions you worked at, must be missing it somewhere/ It sounds like you must have had fun, though! Expo 86 was a great time for sure.

Skysurfer66 - Hello and thanks for joining. We would love to hear your experiences working at the events. 

Bill - Skysurfer66's pavilion list was on his "about me" page. Here is a summary - his profile has more detail. 

Expo 86 US Pavilion host and BC Pavillion.

Expo 88 US Pavilion host and Sports Coordinator

Expo 89 - Hawaiian Pavilion host

Expo 92 - Pavilion of Promise  host 

Brad, look in your messages folder for something from me.

Welcome skysurfer66.  There's lots to learn here.  I was fortunate enough to attend Expo '70 as an eighteen year old and it was pretty amazing.

Man, I am on an EXPO 70 bender right now.  Love that 3d work that was done to recreate the Festival Plaza.  Did you go to the Canada Pavilion?  Huge fan of architect Arthur Erickson.  Love the exterior but don't know much about the interior.