Sign in to follow this  
magikbilly

MAKA RECORD 1939/40 NYWF Research

Hi All,

I met this gentleman online - he purchased a MAKA  RECORD souvenir and has asked that I post this to our group. He is working from Princeton:

"Hi Everyone,

I am a scholar building a state-of-the-art research archive (adhering strictly to Library of Congress archival standards) that will be open to the public. You can watch a short documentary about my project at https://vimeo.com/119368640.

I am most eager to listen to as many of the individually recorded discs made by people at the fair (or elsewhere in similar booths) and would be delighted to purchase them or just borrow them in exchange for free professional scanning and digitizing. People can contact me at phonopost@princeton.edu Many thanks in advance for your help.

Best regards, tyl"

Eric

Hi Erik,

I can't figure out from the Vimeo site how to contact Prof. Levin, but I would like to forward the info on the MAKA record at the Early Television Foundation in Hilliard, Ohio.

I have a 2.36 MB mp3 file of the contents, plus photos of the record, which I have posted here before as a link. Unfortunately, it seems to have disappeared from the earlytelevision.org web site; but I can provide a copy.

Hi Wayne,

Did phonopost@princeton.eu not work? If you PM me your email and I will send it to him if you like. I will also send him a link to this page.

Thanks - he will be thrilled!

Eric

I didn't see that link - is it because I'm not a member of Vimeo?  No matter, you have given it to me and I will contact him.

Edit: I think you meant phonopost@princeton.edu?

2nd Edit - Well Duh - after the fourth read, I see it in your initial post

On 5/2/2016 at 2:56 PM, magikbilly said:

Hi Wayne,

Did you ever get in touch?

Eric

I did, and passed along the info.