Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

A visit to Westinghouse to see the Time Capsules

In looking at the collection of items that were stored, I find it interesting that none of them appears to be of any real value in today's antiques/collector market. I do realize that they were selected to showcase life in 1965 but you would think something might be of value 50+ year's later

Well, give it another 4,950 years and we can check again to see if any of that stuff is worth anything.  Let's all meet right here to discuss it.

Oh, I would like that atlas.  There have been incredible cartography changes since 1965.  An in an electronic world, maps are fun.

By the way, what's that thing hanging on the display column?  It looks like a cord for a vacuum cleaner or something.  

8 hours ago, Bill Cotter said:

Or a place to get it developed.

If only they threw in some Kodak prepaid mailers..

Thanks EricV, I forgot about some types of Polaroid film still being produced.  $22 for 8 low quality pics.  I agree.  OUCH!

6 hours ago, EricV said:

Polaroid still makes film for their cameras.

http://www.polaroid.com/products/instant-color-sx70-film

No, they don't. The Polaroid factory shut down long ago. This film is from the "Impossible" project, which has made a valiant attempt to reproduce the Polaroid film. The Polaroid page seems to indicate that Impossible have bettered their initial attempt, but I haven't looked recently for independent comments on how well they are succeeding.