Bill Cotter

Next "World's Fair Auction" has started

http://www.worldsfairauction.com/cgi-bin/catalog.cgi

The auction is going on now and will end on Oct. 6th at 10 PM Eastern
time with 10 minute per lot timer for lots that get bids in the last 10
minutes.

I've been happy with the items I have bought in the past so I thought I would pass it along. (Just promise not to bid on anything I want, ok?)

This one is kind of strange.  The sketch is definitely a hydrofoil boat.  A diamond-shaped front foil (in the middle) was introduced in the early 60s and became a standard for stability for many years.  What that had to do with Dow, or with the World's Fair, is anybody's guess.

h29[1].jpg

Diamond foil.

220px-HMCS_bras_d_or_400_avant[1].jpg

Ha!  Turns out we kicked this one around 12 years ago!

Hello Everyone:  Thanks for the heads up about this online auction service-- I registered on Monday, just one day before the auction ended, and was confirmed yesterday to bid. I was able to get bids in on seven items on Tuesday afternoon, and I won four of them!!  Sure wish I could have won the coffee cup from the Texas Pavilions' Frontier Palace Restaurant service-- I was outbid on it- would have been nice to have that to go with my Frontier Palace steak platter I already have in my collection!!  Ronald

Edited by 1964 NYWF Forever

I think the only other person on this board that I remember saying they have the candy molds in their collection, is Mary Ellen.  It's definitely a hard-to-snag item.