expoboy

How Do I Comment On Posts???

21 posts in this topic

For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to comment on posts since the new format was introduced?  Any suggestions?

1 person likes this

At the bottom of the page look for a box that says 'Reply to this topic'.

When you click inside the box, it expands to give you all the editing tools.

1 person likes this

If you want to reply to a SPECIFIC post, you can also click on the word 'Quote' at the bottom of that post.

1 person likes this

There is a green "Reply To This Topic" button, upper right, also.

1 person likes this

Here's a handy graphic incorporating the advice from Randy and Mike.

how-to-reply.png

I was trying to reply Urso Chappell's recent string of Expo 2015 posts.  Neither of these options shows on his posts.

Edited by expoboy

I was trying to reply Urso Chappell's recent string of Expo 2015 posts.  Neither of these options shows on his posts.

Agreed! I wanted to mention that I see a little T&P in the subway poster (Unisphere and Amaro Lucano bottle), but was unable. I thought it was the late hour but no, I could not respond.

Thanks!

Eric

That's odd- I see all three of those options on Urso's posts.

Hi Randy,

I just tried again - not seeing those options. This post is now messed up here - I tried to rewrite it several times fearing I just double quoted you (it seems I did not quote you at all now) - but these reply boxes have a memory? I can't "alter" anything I have written in my earlier attempt minutes ago?

Eric

Edited by magikbilly

It looks like you can see those options as a moderator, Randy, but the average user can't.

I take it you guys can see the three options in THIS topic, right?

The reason I ask is, I think the ones showing up from Urso are unique in that they are an automated feed.  I remember a couple of years ago Marc set that up with Urso- it was coming directly from Twitter or something.

Being a "different" kind of automated topic, maybe it shuts off responses from readers?

Hey Randy,

Yes, I can :)

I vaguely recall something about what you say.

Eric

Urso is keeping busy working at Expo 2015. A few days ago I paused the feed because the Latest Posts list was becoming all Expo 2015 photos. There's no way to exclude feed posts and I was afraid other posts to the community would get lost. (I can turn it back on, let me know)

I don't remember turning off replies for that forum. I'm sure there was a reason.

Just speaking for myself, pictures from Italy don't bother me at all so it would be okay to crank up the feed again.  I do wish there was a little more explanatory commentary from Urso on some of them, than the hyper-truncated Twitter text apparently allows. (the main reason I'm not a Twitterer).  But pictures coming in from Milan is a good thing.

Urso's feed is doubling up now---- getting two of everything. :)

Members should be able to reply in the ExpoMuseum forum. He doesn't check in as often as he used to due to his work. You may not hear back from him.

There seems to be a problem with Chappell's posting on Tuesday at 9:31 p.m..  It brings up nothing.  Thanks!

I hate to ask, but is there any way you can turn off the ExpoMuseum feed because the Latest Posts list is all Expo 2015 photos and its getting a little overwhelming. Thanks 

Anyone else want to weigh in on the Expo 2015 posts?

They don't bother me....I can just glance and move on or skip them (not open to look) because it's clear where they are coming from before opening to look.

That said, the pictures are good quality and pretty well chosen, but I wish Urso would take the time for a little more commentary than the cryptic little twitter hashtag stuff.  Some of the photos cry out for explanation.

I'm enjoying the Milan postings but I agree with Randy; the Twitter hashtag captions are annoying,

not just on Urso's posts, but in general.

Edited by expoboy