Sign in to follow this  
Bill Cotter

A visit to FMCP in April 1968

It was just around this time that I went to see a concert at the singer bowl ,which was still standing before its conversion to the tennis stadium.I actually saw The Doors and The Who at the same venue.This was just before The Who really took off with the release of Tommy.The T.O.T. still had all its fiberglass panels in place in vivid colors.We all know how long that lasted.Thanks for posting Bill.

• Like 1

Isn't that statue where the Lunar Fountain was? My, how those little trees have grown. Do you think a few of those may be fresh plantings after the Fair? It seems like the trees were a bit more mature during the Fair... like the ones in the background to the right.

Yes on the location, and yes on the trees. Many of the mature trees at the Fair were there from the 39-40 one. A lot of new ones were added to the park when the pavilions were demolished. They sure have grown since then.

It takes about 3 years for a tree to take root after transplant. Then the tree focuses it's energy to grow up. That kind of timeline may help figure when these photos were taken.