blueexpo

Season Pass

3 posts in this topic

It says on the Expo's website, that "Open Date tickets that do not have a set date may still be used to access the Expo, if there is space available". If I buy a Season Pass ticket, am I guaranteed access to the Expo, or only if there is space available? I have been trying to call up the telephone number listed on the Expo website the past few days, but it's always busy and I can't reach anyone. They take a long time to reply back to emails also, and I need to know quickly. I called up the Expo people a week ago, and I was told that the season pass gives access subject to space availability. However, I sensed a lack of confidence in her voice, when giving the answer, which is why I tried to double check by calling again. Season pass ticket holders have a separate entrance gate, and this lady's vibe of not being totally sure, made me want to double check the answer.

I'm attending Expo between May 6-11. Since I'll be traveling on an airline employee pass from LAX-MXP, there's always the chance I could get bumped from the flight so I'm not buying tickets in advance. My guess is Expo's attendance will be relatively low, certainly not anything along the lines of Shanghai's Expo 2010, so I can't imagine there will be many, if any, days you wouldn't be able to enter the site using an open date ticket.

The Season Pass will work the same as an undated ticket. If the attendance reaches 250,000 visitors on a given day, then you wouldn't be admitted to the site. I have heard from several sources that the 250,000 figure is considered to be high, and that actual attendance of about 100,000 per day is more realistic for the majority of the time the expo is open. Personally, I feel that dated tickets are a bit ridiculous, and that it should be "first come, first serve" as at all past expos.