molassesonassis

Astonishing Color Footage!

It just does not get any better than this! Wow!

• Thanks 1

Great film,thanks for posting.I especially enjoyed the shots inside the U.S. Pavillion.I spent the 3 day memorial day weekend at Expo 67with 4 of my friends.We drove 12 hours from N.Y. stopping only for food and bathroom breaks.We were very impressed by the sheer size of the fair.It was at least twice the size of the 64 N.Y.W.F.You guys know better than I but,

if I remember correctly it was on 5 Islands on the St.Laurence.I also remember how quiet the Subway /Metro was compared to N.Y.since the trains rode on rubber wheels as compared to N.Y.Subway metal on metal.

• Like 2

The US pavilion at EXPO 67 pretty much was the greatest US exhibit ever. It really captured America and it was, I believe, the first time Hollywood & pop culture was marketed as a US export.

• Like 1

Just two islands (Ile Sainte-Helene and Ile Notre Dame) and a peninsula (Cite du Havre).

See the Wikipedia article for a good summary. The Canadian Archives also has a good website about expo67....

The US pavilion looks so new and perfect in this footage. Expo really did glitter just as it does in this film. And the place was usually packed with people. Just look at the lines for the British pavilion. And I like the opening shot of the guide book. I still have mine. I loved that fair!

Mr. Fleischer's film never fails to entertain but it's more than that.  It's a time capsule that brings Expo to life again just as if time had stood still for 51 years.  I know it sounds silly, but I'll sometimes turn to this film and watch even small portions of it when I feel a little down about things.  I have it saved on my I phone as well.  It really is one of the very best motion picture views of Expo.