Does any one know what's in the hopper for 2015? I don't see any recent posts. I can tell you that my friends

who are avid postcard collectors may like to participate and share postcards from that exhibition. Let's see what

we can't come up with to celebrate this Centennial, OK? I'll start looking through local announcements but

we mustn't let it go unacknowledged! Ebay's starting to post a lot of stuff!

http://worldartswest.org/main/edf_2015.asp

well, it looks like there at last will be dance!

post-6377-0-85212200-1412717094_thumb.jp

An 80 minute documentary entitled "When The World Came to San Francisco" is finishing up production and will premeire next year. Doing a Google search of the movie title brings up several links.

• Like 1

Thank you. I'll look for it. I sure hope the Bay Area honors the Fair next year. The remaining buildings in the Marina should be the focus for the centennial celebration. It has a huge theatre and lots of space to put in a fair in miniature. But we shall see.

here's a 3 minute 'trailer' enticement.

What I found out is that the documentary will be narrated by someone playing the role of David Belasco's niece. Well, you couldn't get a more appropriate 'persona' to stroll the streets and introduce this Fair in San Francisco. Her Uncle David was notorious for loitering in the back alleys of the City, including the morgues, opium dens etc. His two volume memoir captured San Francisco as it rode the bumps after the Gold and Silver Rushes.