AfterTheFair

'64 NY World's Fair Documentary to be released Sept. 29th

Wow. I can't believe it was over four years ago that I joined the community, and started what I assumed would be maybe, a 6-8 month project. Here we are over four years later, and I can finally say that my documentary, "After The Fair," will be released on DVD Sept. 29th. I was just joking with my wife that it took us longer for us to make this documentary on the fair than it took for the fair to be built and open for two seasons!

I couldn't have done it without all the help from everyone on the board, especially in those early days. Eric, Randy, Bill, the other Bill, and everyone else, Thank you.

If you're interested in pre-ordering, just head to http://www.worldsfairmovie.com/store

Thanks again, and I hope everyone enjoys it!

~Ryan

• Like 1

Ryan, you've improved on this process greatly. The BBQ team, who was the last group to do a documentary on the fair, said the same thing. If I recall correctly it took them 10 years to complete theirs!

• Like 1

Ryan, you've improved on this process greatly. The BBQ team, who was the last group to do a documentary on the fair, said the same thing. If I recall correctly it took them 10 years to complete theirs!

I was watching their website and pestering them for YEARS about when it would be finished. Obviously, an independent documentary maker just doesn't have the resources of a major studio.

There's a documentary about The Tubes that's been in the pipe (so to speak) for close to 10 years as well. Last I heard, it had been, at least temporarily, shelved.

Just got home late last night from a long trip, and it was waiting in the mail.

Had some dental work this morning and finally got to satisfy my eager curiosity and watch it this afternoon -- highly recommended!