I love to look through crowd shots like this Wolfe slide. There are a million back stories just waiting to be told.

79003-1.jpg

This family is dressed to the nines. They must summer in Martha's Vineyard. Grandma brought her flower hat that she wore to the '39 Fair.

79003-2.jpg

This was how the rest of us dressed. Mom's shoes are going to be killing her in about 45 minutes.

79003-3.jpg

On arrival, wife discovers previously unknown allergy to World's Fairs. Husband mutters under his breath "I can't take her *anywhere*."

79003-4.jpg

This guy was frugal enough to bring a sack lunch, but wore a humongous overcoat, heading straight to the Tower of London crown jewels exhibit.

79003-5.jpg

Have flashbulbs (and cigarette), will travel.

79003-6.jpg

Yes, Arnold Horshack went to the World's Fair.

79003-7.jpg

"Hey Buddy, want to buy a nifty movie camera for just $15? Nowhere else will you find one with a lens that is angled down to the ground! Okay, I'll take $12 for it."

79003-8.jpg

These two gals were up so late the night before, they're still fumbling around trying to get their lipstick on.

79003-9.jpg

Look at the wrap-around sunglasses on the allergy pair - I actually had a pair like that at some point (though probably not at the fair).