Sign in to follow this  
Christopher Radko

Polish Pavilion 1939, for New Member

Greetings Folks,

I just joined this group, though I've been a fan of the 1939 NY World's Fair for about 20 years! I miss those once annual NYWF antique shows in Queens, and all the amazing dealers and enthusiasts who were part of that.

My particular interest is the POLISH PAVILION in New York, in 1939, and in Paris, in 1937. I will look around at some of the on line posts here, but if anyone has any interesting memorabilia, photos, souvenirs, even the smallest things, etc please let me know. I am still a collector too!

Feel free to reach out to me at iRiverman@mac.com, as well, if you want to contact me directly.

Thanks for your time and keeping the World's Fair flame alive!

-Christopher Radko

That was a very attractive pavilion. I know the statue is currently in Central Park. Too bad the tower wasn't relocated or saved in some fashion.

So I've heard. My mother told me she was at the Fair the night Italy went to war and they turned out the lights on its pavilion, so it's quite likely the same was done for Poland. She was around 9 years old but she still says it made quite an impression on everyone, and that the rest of the night people were all shocked and quiet.

My Mom was 10 at the time and it made an impression on her as well. Her parents emigrated from Germany and I don't believe they were citizens even though they has been here for 20 years.