studentresearcher

"Mormon"/LDS Church Pavilion

Hey everyone. I don't know very much about world exhibits or world fairs. However, I have been researching the 1964-1965 New York World's Fair for the past 6 months. I work for a professor at Brigham Young University and my focus has been on the Mormon Church Pavilion. I have searched many articles and other resources that I have but I would really like some personal input as well as access to any knowledge that you might have about your experience at the Mormon Pavilion. Any knowledge about the structure of the building overall would be nice as well. If you could help me out that would be great!

Welcome. We have lots and lots of exterior photos and a few interiors. Are there some specific questions that you have?

Also in the upper right, you might try entering Mormon in the Search field, and I suspect you'll find quite a bit.

Nywf64.com is also a good resource.

Check out the 2009 issue of the Journal of Mormon History. There's a lengthy article in there about the pavilion, with some photos I supplied. As Randy suggested, do some searching here and you should find quite a bit of information, including the post-Fair use of the building.

And welcome!

It was at the very beginning of my Tour A GAR tour: "Coming up on your left is the replica of the Mormon Tabernacle Cathedral (?). It stands 225 (227?) feet tall and is the tallest structure at the worlds fair." I still remember bits and pices of my (suggested) tour...I improvised a lot, though.

I guess it was a bit taller than the NY State pavilion. I guess I used to know thow high that was but I've forgotten.