Bill Cotter

Sad news - we lost a member

I was visiting a museum on Long Island today and met someone with an interest in the 1964 Fair. He passed on the sad news that one of our members, who used the ID "bagels", passed away last month. Jerry was only 53. Evidently he had gone into the garage, stated his car, and suffered a massive heart attack. His wife found him later but it was too late.

That's all the news I have at the moment. I never met Jerry in person but had spoken with and corresponded with him several times. As many of you will know he was an avid 1964 collector and loved the Fair. It's sad to see him gone.

Bill

Sad, indeed. I interacted with Jerry through the board quite a few times-- a very friendly and passionate fan of the Fair. I hope his wife and family find this thread and know we share a small part of their loss. The World's Fair Community is diminished by his absence.

Oh my. I had tried to hook up with him a few times this summer and he had said he wasn't feeling well. Sounds like he pushed himself, his business was his passion. I had an Orange WF back scratcher as a surprise gift for our meetup, yes, one of the few things he didn't have in his collection.

Condolences to the family and friends. He was always to the point in his posts and will be missed.

Sad indeed. I hope his family sees this. My condolences.

Oh my gosh, that's terrible news. I always liked his posts. Ray last year, and now Jerry. It makes one stop and think about life, doesn't it?

Our prayers go out to his family.

I'm reading this in a restaurant in Vancouver, Canada, but some things transcend distance.

It is kind of you to share this with us, Bill. There really is a family feeling here on this site. I extend my condolences to bagels' wife and family.

Jim

Though I never met him and may not remember his posts, sharing a common interest brings people together. This group is small and a loss here is a missing link that binds us. As our group gets one link smaller, my heartfelt thoughts to his family as they are forced to move on and deal with their loss.

Oh, what a shame, and only 53. Spoke with him several times - he really was an enthusiastic collector and loved the hunt. I think he collected cars, too. I noticed his avatar changed a few times - each with a different 1960s car!

Didn't find an obituary but I Googled him and his Barracuda is the main photo on his facebook page.

Google: jerry jacobs valley styream, ny