Bill Cotter

I think this may have been the ugliest thing at the Fair

Would they even have been consulted?

That statue bears a slight resemblance to the bust of John F. Kennedy in the lobby of the Kennedy Center in Washington, DC. I'm guessing that the rough, unfinished style was popular back then.

I'm sure the family was consulted about the exhibit as a whole, as many of his personal items were on display. Maybe they liked it. I know I don't. It reminds me of the Clayface villain from Batman comics.

He's supposed to be wearing his favorite 'siren suit', which we Americans would call baggy coveralls. :D

From Paris Review:

While Churchills style suggests fine suits with bow ties, John Bull hats, and expensive cigars, his greatest sartorial triumph was the zip-up, all-in-one siren suit, which Singers book points out was conceived and designed by Churchill before World War II. The suits, which looked like a cross between a childs onesie and the boiler suits worn by bricklayers, were made by the tailors Turnbell & Asser and came in several different colors and fabrics. While the suits did make the prime minister look like he was gearing up for an air raid, they may have also been the single most comfortable article of clothing worn by a world leader while commanding an army in the history of modern warfare.

ChurchillStyle_pg173-298x300.jpg

I remember when I was very young when asking my older brother what that stature was, he told me it was the abominable snow man. I believed it.

I also remember when I was in the 3rd or 4th grade there might have been a copy of that statue, or one much like it in the same style, in the QMA on the second floor on a class trip there for arts and crafts.

• Haha 1

Emerging from a bombed-out bunker? Man, that is ugly…. of course I seem to be the only one of us that thinks the sculpture Forms in Transit is equally as ugly… well maybe Forms in Transit isn't as ugly as the Churchill chunk, I mean monument.

post-86-0-67330800-1382993989_thumb.jpg