MitchS

Update to Collection Page

I'm going to have to check my collection for that Tower of Light glow card. Don't remember whether I have that one or not, although I do have some really scarce NYWF glow cards.

Thanks gang!

I need some help, my brief home movie has my sister and I in front of a map. I had used a screen cap to make the photo below. I wanted to find the location of the map in 1965 and the only clue I have is that my father was filming in the area of the Court of the Universe before and after the map shot. Maybe those with photos can actually find the map?

We came from Kodak and went to the Court area, I have provided screen caps from just before the map and just after, so it must have been on a pole in the court area. Its not the map in my collection, but I would like to fond the spot where the original was.

Thanks!

post-54-0-93521600-1378649363_thumb.jpg

post-54-0-89553800-1378649839_thumb.jpg

Thanks Bill. I am thinking from the trees in the first one its actually close to GE. At some point I do see the flag pole I think, it goes by quick, my father moved the camera too fast, a technique I call "Nauseavision"...

I didn't spot it yet. It looks like the area where the Pennsylvania Exhibit was located in 1965.

I also suspected the location of the serpentine phone booths & info booth in between Tower of Light & GE, but I finally found a really good picture there and no dice.

With trees to the left and the fountains blocking Bell, it seems the movie shots had to be somewhere toward the left of the court, toward IBM, not so?

Edit: did the maps have a "you are here" mark (unfortunately cut off at the top of the 1965 picture)?

Wayne, the maps did not have a You Are Here designation. We can't get off that easy!

You can also see the wavy shape of the fountain building in the pool. A clue...