expoboy

U.S. Participation at Expo 2015

6 posts in this topic

Has anyone see any information anywhere regarding possible U.S. participation in Milan? No amount of online searching provides any results.

According to the Expo 2015 website, the United States has not yet committed to participating in the Expo. Although in the past decade we have had difficulty actually showing up to Expos, we did participate in Expo 2010 (albeit at the last minute), as well as Expo 2012. The official release from the State Dept on our participation in Expo 2012 wasn't until October of the year before exhibition-- just months before hand. My guess is that we will end up participating in Expo 2015, but to not expect anything substantive for maybe another year or year and a half.

I hope you are correct. If you look at a list of the countries that have committed to participation so far, many large countries are conspicuously absent. This includes Canada who, since the success of Expo 67, has always been first or in the first few to sign up.

> If you look at a list of the countries that have committed to participation so far, many large countries are conspicuously absent

Someone has taken the effort to update the wikipedia page to say that Canada, US and also UK and Australia are absent, quoting this (Italian language) website: http://www.02blog.it/post/47297/expo-2015-i-paesi-che-parteciperanno

A bit more a hunt also draws attanetion to Brazil's absnece: http://www.fuoriexpomilano.it/pisapia-insists-on-the-participation-of-uk-to-expo-2015/

I think it's quite poor form for UK and Brazil (as the hosts of the last and the next summer Olympic) to not show, but I think I'd miss Australia most - alwasy a lot of fun.

Cheers

wf256

Just to quickly update this thread: The United States, the United Kingdom, and Brazil will be there. Sadly, there will be no Canada or Australia Pavilion.