Bill Cotter

Got room for another book on the 1964-65 Fair?

Bill Young and I are thrilled to be reuniting for our third book on the 1964-65 Fair. We're also thrilled that this one will be in color. We don't have the exact details as to price and when it will be out but I'll post them as available. I just got off the phone with the publisher and haven't come down from Cloud 9 yet!

Bill

• Like 2

Very good!

Apparently Hyperion is very happy with us. They actually called and asked us to do a new one based on the sales of the others, which was a very pleasant call to get indeed. We kicked around a few ideas, wrote a formal proposal in record time, submitted it last week and got the call today.

We're not going to get rich off the royalties on these books, but it is nice to get the checks. It's more fun to get some nice letters from people sharing their memories of the Fair, many of which had apparently lay dormant until they came across the books.

Dang, and I was all ready to go yachting with you and Bill.
Say, how hard is it to get the Disney Television book these days? Still don't have a copy.

Mike, I may have a copy left. Over the years almost all of the ones I had are gone, but I think there's one left in a box. I'll drop you a note when I find it. eBay often has copies (some at insane prices, which makes me wonder who would ever pay them) but sometimes dirt cheap.

Thanks, fellas!
Bill, buy your books at $15, do whatever you do to make them worth $97, sell them for $97, pocket $82.
Do that enough and you've got your yacht.

Mike, the only way I could make them worth that amount of money would be to stuff cash inside so that plan is out.

People trying to sell copies at those prices are like the dealers trying to sell "rare" Travelers Insurance records for insane prices. They better have a lot of shelf room to store their stuff.

As far as signing them, I always enjoyed that. It meant they couldn't easily be returned. :)

Great news, in color! Looking forward very much!

An update on the newest book. The contracts are all signed and work is underway selecting photos. This will be from Arcadia Publishing, who did our other books, but this time in living color. We're thrilled they picked us to help launch their new color series.

We don't have a sales date yet but we're aiming for late this year. I'll post updates as things move along. Right now we're in search of The Perfect Cover Photo...

Right now we're in search of The Perfect Cover Photo...

Gotta play up the first color edition... maybe something from Kodak, or something from RCA? There are plenty of other multi-color opportunities too. I would go for something suitably jetsonesque too.

A daytime shot of the NYS Tent of Tomorrow roof has to be high on the list (particularly if you can get the 'Men in Black' towers and bright yellow elevators into the shot as well, as does a night shot of the United States Pavilion with those beautiful blues and greens.

The DuPont dancers are pretty wacky but suitably jetsonesque... LOL

dupont01.jpg

Right now we're looking for something with the Unisphere for the immediate recognition factor. One with it and the NYSP would be great. The problem is that it has to be vertically oriented and most Unisphere shots are horizontal. It's fun searching though.