Sign in to follow this  
worldfairfilmmaker

WORLD FAIR, my new film about the 1939 New York World's Fair

Hi everyone,

I posted about this topic in the Introductions section but am hoping to start a larger conversation here. Forgive for the cross-post!

I'm a documentary filmmaker based in Brooklyn NY, and wanted to let you all know about my new documentary film, WORLD FAIR.

WORLD FAIR is a short documentary about memory, amateur cinematography, and the 1939 New York World's Fair. The film incorporates archival Kodachrome footage from the fair, and focuses on the world's fair memories of five, lovely characters, now in their eighties and nineties, living in New York and Connecticut. (The title is an intentional play on words! I'm interested in how the fair helped visitors imagine an attractive, hopeful, modern world.)

This film has been my labor of love for the past year and is nearly ready for the big screen. As of this posting I am in the FINAL WEEK of fundraising to finish WORLD FAIR on Kickstarter. I would be so grateful for the support of folks in this community. I have until March 19 to reach my mimimum goal - and every bit helps. I held a work-in-progress screening recently at the Museum of the City of New York, and I look forward to bringing the finished film to communities across the country in months ahead. The film has been invited to make an exciting premiere this spring... but before that can happen, I need to reach my fundraising goal.

You can learn more about WORLD FAIR and watch a 3-minute project video right here: http://kck.st/XojgEt

I would be so grateful for your contributions! If you'd like to know more about the film, host a screening of the film, or suggest potential funders, drop a note on this page, or email me at amanda@wickedelicate.com.

Thank you!

Amanda

has there been any sort of followup on this film? completed? shown? perhaps on Youtube?