8 replies to this topic

#1 TOTHEFAIR

TOTHEFAIR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 05:15 PM

Greetings fellow world`s fair enthusiasts. It has taken me a few years to reach this point, but I have finally finished the additions to my video catalog. I have added new films for some of the fairs, and added on many new fairs I never had before. I have included additional amusement park films, along with an extensive selection of films for Expo 2010 in Shanghai.

I invite you to e mail me, and I will e mail you a copy of the catalog. My e mail address is tothefair@aol.com

Thank you for your interest

Fred Stern

#2 Doug Seed

Doug Seed

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 08:19 AM

Hi Fred, how are you?  My wings have been clipped, business wise, for the last couple of years and fun-trips to NY have had to be curtailed.  Hope all is well.  Do you have all of your films converted to digital now?

I got a package in the mail recently, from a name I didn't recognize.  It was a fellow returning my VHS tape of the Judd Hirsch PBS show about the 1964 World's Fair.  I had lent it to him for the 40th anniversary in 2004, so he could do a newspaper article about the Fair.  Well, I have to admit the guy is honorable, if not timely!

Doug

#3 TOTHEFAIR

TOTHEFAIR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:45 PM

Hi Doug,

Great to hear from you, great story about the VHS tape. Yes, all of the films are now on DVD. I can still do VHS if you perfer lol.

Hope you will have a good winter up there in New Hampshire

Fred

#4 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,273 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:37 PM

The new catalog looks great, Fred. I'm looking forward to placing an order soon. There sure is a lot to choose from!

#5 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,035 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 05:48 AM

I have a ton of "Fred Stern videos".  And I endorse them heartily.

#6 TOTHEFAIR

TOTHEFAIR

Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 06:10 AM

Hi Mike,

Great hearing from you, thank you for the endorsement. I`m always happy to hear that the films I find are enjoyed by others, as much as I enjoy them. It took me a while to convert to DVD, but the machine I had purchased had a 60 page instruction book, and it just overwhelmed me. Thankfully, I was introduced to a recorder, more effient, and a lot less complicated to use.

It`s a lot less expensive to do this with DVD`s, which made it possible to greatly reduce the price to purchase my DVD`s. Send me your e mail, and I`ll send you my new catalog

Fred

#7 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 09:48 AM

I didn't think to chime in - I also have a ton of Fred's videos on DVD and heartily recommend them! Of course, now that there are more, I requested a new catalog and will be placing some more orders.

#8 Craig Bavaro

Craig Bavaro

Likes World's Fairs

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 10 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

I just placed my order. Fred's videos are the best!

#9 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 08:30 AM

I received my package of videos, and Fred did a great job as usual!

I want to remind people that you don't have to buy fixed combinations that don't interest you. You can look through Fred's extensive catalog, pick just the videos you want, and Fred custom burns the selection onto DVDs just for you. 

It's a great deal on wonderful material.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users