Randy Treadway

One more souvenir

While looking through the set of digitized slide pictures of the Thailand hostess, I came across this photo of Pluto, which I think has been shared on the board previously.

64-xx-08-xx_Pluto.jpg

But I hadn't noticed the lady's handbag. I don't think I've come across one like this on eBay or anywhere.

64-xx-08-xxa_Pluto.jpg

Wow - nice catch. Is the orange thing in her hand a World's fair billfold or something like that?

Edit: I also was thinking of the orange Greyhound "How to See the NYWF" brochure, but that's not it.

I think it might be a little red book with the Unisphere on the cover, that I actually have in my landfill collection. I'll have to check.

I seem to remember it coming from one of the religion pavilions. Or Hall of Education.

Greyhound is also a possibility... but I think we determined that this slide is from a set from 1964.

Was the Greyhound map "blue" in 1964, and "orange" in 1965? My memory is getting a bit fuzzy on which is which. I have a big stack of both colors in my garage. LOL

HEY BILL....as for the date of the Thailand pic, maybe those big pictures on Kodak are also a clue? Did we ever nail down month-by-month which pictures were up there at what time?

The orange thing is not the front of the Greyhound brochure, but I didn't think about it possibly being the back. The front is printed in both white (knock out of the orange, I think) and black; this appears to be only white.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1964-brochure-See-New-York-Worlds-Fair-Greyhound-Orange-/140736994535