gabriel3d

More Expo 67 panoramas.

These are all amazing. I love the interior shot of the USSR pavilion. Do you have any more? I still have brochures from the Soviet exhibit. The construction photos are wonderful.

I have to learn how to scan because I have some stuff to share.

Thanks, Gabriel. Please keep them coming.

Thanks for the comments Jim. Glad you like them! :-)

I posted most of what I have, I do have some more scattered around, I'll dig them up and post them when I come across them.

Yeah, I'd love to see some of your pics when you do get to scan them!

My favorite by far is the exterior vertical shot of the USSR Pavilion. It shows the many levels that made up the area in front of the building; the subterranean shops and snack stands under the plaza then the multiple levels of the pavilion itself.

That is true photographic art. I would not be surprised if I found that hanging in the Hirschorn Gallery. It is just wonderful.

Artistically, it's interesting how all those square and rectangle windows on the trains mesh with the windows on the cube apartments. There are windows everywhere, some moving, some fixed! And not a single oval or circle window to be seen anywhere. :)

Thanks Bradd for the kind coments! I used mainly Microsoft ICE, it is a free app for stitching panoramas.

Here is another pan. It shows the US pavilion after the fire. The small image below shows how the mural looked before the unfortunate fire. In case anyone is wondering, this particular pan was derived from the Battlestar Galactica video.

391799_10151246118037233_1470397851_n.jp

What an incredible loss that fire caused. That dome was a architectural gem and it only survived--as it was originally planned--for nine yars.