WhoopsieDayze

Another drone visits the pavilion

That would be a sad day for people like us who love to see what is up there. :) I hope that whoever may see it with any kind of power will realize how incredible the views are from those towers and see the possibilities for rehabbing and reopening them.

• Like 1

Wow, that was pretty amazing! Stunning and unique views of the pavilion. Probably the closest I'll ever get to climbing the towers and seeing the views from up there. I can only imagine what the city (and municipalities all over the country for that matter) will think about this kind of technology and what they will do to try to regulate it. VERY cool though!

I thought it was great to end with the shots from the fair so that people stumbling onto this get some taste of what it was.

Seeing this makes me think the same thought as I drive by it at night. In the least painting them and lighting them with the new low cost LED lights would be an amazing sight. A few years ago those blue lights looked incredible and they were not even as good as whats available now.

• Like 1

This is really interesting, thank you for posting. I grew up in Queens and still go to the park frequently. I can't tell you how disappointing it is to see the NYP in it's current state. There isn't even a sign or plaque that commemorates what it once was or the architect (Philip Johnson) who designed it! It wouldn't take much to refurbish it and turn it into a usuable public space. As someone posted above, even some paint, clean up and new lighting would do wonders. Maybe it can't be fully restored to what it once was, but I do believe it can be restored into a usable space. Imagine a new roof, some paint, a new floor, some kiosks for vendors, a public space for picnics, a gallery showcasing the Fair, a small stage for outdoor concerts in the summer. The possibilities are endless. If you don't think it can be done - take a look at the Highline in NYC (http://www.thehighline.org/about/park-information). They turned an abandoned, decaying elevated freight train tracks into a beautiful, functional and popular public space. It can be done!

Fantastic video! It's pretty neat to see that those huge concrete pylons are just hollow shells for the actual frame.