6 posts in this topic

Posted · Report post

On July 22, 2012 a group of about five World's Fair fans explored two attractions that now occupy the former transportation area, the Queens Zoo and the New York Hall of Science. The tour, "From Alligators to Atoms" which was a MeetUp.com/COME-BACK-TO-THE-FAIR event is featured in a detailed photo story by Jim Brown with photography primarily by Jim Brown and Gary Miller.

On See the story at: http://www.optisonics.com/wf/aligators-atoms/aligators-atoms.html

Posted · Report post

That was great, Jim, thanks for sharing it. It looks like you guys had a great day, and the weather really cooperated. I was surprised to see the shot of my book! :)

Posted · Report post

I read this and something seems backwards - wasn't the Pavilion Just "The Pavilion" in 1964, and then became the Winston Churchill Pavilion in 1965?

Posted · Report post

Yes, that is right. Thanks for calling that to my attention. It was later changed to the Churchill Pavilion.

Posted · Report post

Nice work Jim, sorry I missed that day in the park. Thanks kindly for putting that all together! See you in the spring...

Posted · Report post

Excellently done, Jim! Lovely tour, and great photos! Enjoyed very much...