Doug Seed

Good bye and thank you, Ray Dashner :-(

"THAT is awesome! That flag flew in my yard, the day after Ray got it. He came to my house and we opened the flag, then we went to Canobie to see the luminaires then we went up to the Segway factory..."

Ray took me for a Segway ride along the beach once, in the CA beach town that he moved to after he left Pasadena. He wouldn't let me pay for the rental. He wouldn't let me pay for anything when I was visiting. Ray was flirting with all the girls as we drove along on those goofy things. I remember crashing in his Pasadena apartment one time. He was an expert on Pasadena, which is - contrary to popular opinion - a very interesting place, particularly the out of the way parts that Ray knew so well. We were clearing some ol walking trails by the Arroyo one time, and stopping by to visit beautiful houses built along the hills, many of whose owners Ray knew, and if he din't he just chatted them up anyway. He was very charismatic, a really unique man, an he had a terrific speaking voice. I even visited a bit of underground Pasadena - see link above - caving use to be one of my sports. He invited me to visit him in Florida, but alas I never did. Great guy. I miss him.

I too have been gone so long I missed this sad news. :(

What a beautiful tribute with his flag at the NYSP.

Sure hope his recordings find a home and are kept for future generations.

• Like 1

That's wonderful news. I additionally hope you also have a place in mind for your slide collection. We can't loose these histories.

• Like 1

Glad to hear. You've worked too hard for it not be permanently preserved for future generations.

I have the recordings and am working on a suitable permanent home.

That's wonderful - these recent postings prompted me to play some of the "Vault" again - have to ration them or I could sit here all night.

• Like 1