gabriel3d

Expo 67 panoramas

Nice Job - and the smoke behind the UK pavilion comes from a ship going through the Saint Lawrence Waterway

Roger

Excellent job!

Just to satisfy my curiosity,how many photos did you need to create this "super wide angle" view?

That is an incredible view. I still marvel at the brilliance of the concept of putting the exposition on those islands in the St. Lawrence. I remember, even as a kid, hearing critics state that the last thing Canada needed was more land especially for a fair. But that photograph proves how visionary Mayor Jean Drapeau and the Expo planners were. It was a glittering exposition and there's the proof.

Thank you for posting this image.

That's a nice angle and good stitching. Just one unsolicited comment, though - the colors are off. Here's a very quick attempt at an adjustment to get them closer to normal. Hope you don't mind!

panorama-adjusted.jpg

And welcome, by the way. I'm glad you found us!

Regards

Bill

I use an old version of paint shop pro (version 5), should I upgrade or get something else? For the pans I use mostly Microsoft Ice. It's pretty good and free!

The newer versions of Paint Shop Pro have some pretty good color correction capabilities. I would look into that and see what the costs are. You have some great images, might as well make them even better. I use Photoshop but it's more expensive and probably overkill for you.

I really love those panoramas.They give us a better view of what one could see,while strolling the islands of Expo 67.

Here's what I could somewhat improve on one of them,using a free version of a small image editor,called PhotoFiltre.

post-5521-0-67858300-1350426535_thumb.jp

Those first two views took me back forty plus years. I remember standing on the top of both the Katimavik and the French pavilion and feeling totally overwhelmed by the view. It was sensory overload and these photographs remind me of that. I was fifteen and the place was so big, so crowded, so colorful and magical that I could barely take it all in. And there it all is. I saw so many of those pavilions but as I think back I have to say the French exbibit rather confused me. The view from the top of that pavilion is what I remember.

What would you guys say was the "theme building" or "theme structure" of Expo 67? The equivalent of an Eiffel Tower, Trylon & Perisphere, Atomium, Space Needle, Unisphere, etc. ?