19 replies to this topic

#1 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:12 AM

You won't want to miss the latest episode of CSI:NY TONIGHT with a pre-screening hint of a World's Fair connection, written by our friend Trey Callaway.
Posted Image

Keep in mind a CBS scheduling time-shift beginning this week to 9pm/8 central.

Here's a sneek peek:
http://www.cbspresse...atch=7imh6hir6u

I was there this past weekend, so all these SF scene locales are very fresh in my mind.
  • worldsfairent likes this

#2 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Thanks a lot for the plug, Randy. I hope you all enjoy.

#3 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 12 October 2012 - 05:59 PM

Nice job, Trey! Very entertaining!

#4 Bill Cotter

Bill Cotter

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 11,263 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:36 AM

Well done!!

#5 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:58 AM

Thanks very much, guys! Really appreciate you watching! And apparently, a LOT of other people watched as well-- we had an 11% increase in viewers and 17% increase in the 18-49 adult demo! That's around 9.5 million people visiting the Palace of Fine Arts!

#6 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:34 AM

You're going to have to spin off a new CSI:SF to take advantage of all that plot potential, with Treasure Island, Chinatown, Coit Tower, the Palace of Fine Arts, Alcatraz...if it was good enough for Bullit and Dirty Harry.... :) with that romantic subplot you wove in last night, there's some reason for at least one of your characters to relocate anyway.

#7 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:35 AM

I'm sure CBS will attribute the viewership increase to their move to the 9pm time slot, but we know it had more to do with the script material. ;)

#8 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

with that romantic subplot you wove in last night, there's some reason for at least one of your characters to relocate anyway.

Just like you to notice my ulterior motive, Randy! ;)

#9 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:38 AM

well, it wasn't exactly subtle, with even the daughter seeming to be excited about the prospect of moving to California! :D

#10 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 10:43 AM

By the way, my wife asked how did the international orange paint get on the sample that they had in New York? I missed any explanation of that.... although it was an obvious plot device to get them to San Francisco. :)

#11 Mike Kraus

Mike Kraus

Never Logs Off

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,033 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

I'd say most of us here didn't help your 18-49 demo, unfortunately. Ha!

#12 worldsfairent

worldsfairent

Pacific Coast PTU'er

• Root Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Your wife is a savvy viewer, Randy. Part of a scene had to be removed for time-- which unfortunately explained that the bad guy had taken our young damsel in distress on a walk across the Golden Gate Bridge, picking up tiny flecks of International Orange paint trace on his shoes in the process.

#13 waynebretl

waynebretl

See Yourself on Color TV!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,883 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 05:37 AM

Watched it last night; it was great. I also wondered about the paint. Just shows that mystery fans want all the loose ends tied up even though that was not necessary to the plot.

#14 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:26 AM

Your wife is a savvy viewer, Randy

She's a former inspector for the Latvian State Police- their equivalent of our FBI. She said everybody in her unit watched CSI and wished they had labs like that. I laughed, and told her most American police units wish they had labs like Hollywood has! :D

Your autographed picture of the cast in front of the Unisphere, now hangs proudly in a hallway of her old investigative unit in Latvia!

The other time compression device she noticed, was when they walked into the druggie store to inquire about their suspect, and lo and behold he goes running out the back door within seconds. Usually it takes days or weeks of tracking to actually get face to face with the suspect, but with so many TV commercials there's no time for that.

I thought when they were chasing him up the hillside of the Presidio, he was going to climb up onto the onramp toward the Golden Gate Bridge toll gates to hijack a car or something, but he got nabbed before that. No spectacular suicide plunges for this creep--- he's got to tell them where the girl is first. Then they can gladly throw him off the bridge.

We all enjoyed the episode.

We'll have to think of some world's fair plot angles for your new CSI:SF show.

Hmmm...... gotta have something about liquifaction.... remember the '89 earthquake and how it collapsed all those buildings on the old 1915 Expo site because of liquification? The land had been reclaimed from the Bay by dredging to get ready for the 1915 Expo. and the soil turns to jelly whenever there's a big earthquake. There's gotta be something we can do with that, for a CSI story. The soil would definitely be different under a microscope.

Gotta have a Treasure Island story too. Will have to think about that one. Charlie Chan has already been there, so it's no stranger to the Hollywood mystery treatment.

Say, L.A. has had it's share of mystery shows or detectives, but SF has had some too, hasn't it? I can't remember for sure. Dashiel Hammitt? Kojak? Oh yes, Raymond Burr prowling the streets is his armored truck as "the Chief". I thought that was a little silly. And of course Bullit and Dirty Harry. Definitely cool. Last time I was at the Peterson Auto Museum in L.A., they had one of the Bullit green Mustangs, and an endless loop video of the car chase through the streets of San Francisco. A must see.

#15 Randy Treadway

Randy Treadway

Master Builder

• Root Admin
  • 17,056 posts

Posted 14 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

By the way, my wife suggested that since seeing a documentary on the Golden Gate Bridge, she knows that it takes 3 years to paint it from one end to the other, and the life of the paint is---- ta da! 3 years (due to so much salt in the air). So when they finish they start at the other end again, meaning bridge painter is a permanent full time job. That also means that anybody walking across at any time, might be subject to drip from wet paint. So that was her plot 'fill-in-the-blank'.

Or.... the bad guy might have had one of those jobs as bridge painter.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users